Help for Texas Veterans experiencing a short term financial hardship or fear of homelessness
- Austin Based Health Care for Homeless Vets is located at 2101 S. I H35 Suite 100, just south of Oltorf on the north bound access road of IH 35. They are open M-F 0800 - 1600. They see walk-ins during this time. You must bring a copy of your DD214 and any documentation of financial need such as an eviction notice or lock out order. The phone number is: 512 433 2015.
- Texas Veterans Of Foreign Wars (VFW) has a program called Veterans Assistance Program
- Caritas of Austin may have federal grant funding available
- If you are an OEF or OIF veteran, Veterans Homeless Prevention Progam my be your first step. Their contact numbers are: 1 254 534 4253, 1 254 935 7151, or 1 254 227 9106.
- Central Texas Veterans Health Care System
Veteran Community and Employment Resources
- Career One-Stop Service Locator
- My Next Move for Veterans
- Transition Assistance Program
- Vet Success
- Troops to Teachers
- Texas Center Point
- Texas Center Point for Women Vets
Army and Air Force ROTC prgrams