Green Tips for Toppers
Simple Actions for a Sustainable Campus and Greener Planet
Weekly green tips are shared with our community on Horizon and student e-news emails, but here are some basic ones so that you can get started! There are many small things you can do each day to practice sustainability. Think green by reducing, reusing, and recycling. Every tip lets you make a difference. Look at the menu on the left for great green tips!
Six questions to ask yourself every day:
- Do I really need this?
- Can I borrow this instead, or find it used?
- How far away has it come from?
- Could this be done or created with less waste?
- Is there a lower energy way of doing this?
- Could this item and/or its packaging be recycled?