Grant & Scholarships
Need-Based Grant Funding
Eligibility for federal need-based aid is determined through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Federal Pell Grant
This grant is offered by the U.S. Department of Education. Eligibility for this grant is determined by the department and is based largely upon income, family size, and asset information.
Alpha Sigma Lambda
Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society for adult students is offering a total of $2,500 in academic achievement scholarships to students 24 years of age or older who have a minimum of 18 graded credit hours at St. Edward's prior to the fall 2016 semester and have at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA or higher.
The following materials are required for scholarship consideration:
- Application form with essay
- One copy of student's St. Edward's transcript (official or un-official)
- Two written references
- Copies of 2016-2017 St. Edward's financial aid award and 2016-2017 Student Aid Report (FAFSA results)
Applications and all supporting materials must be turned in together by 5 pm on Tuesday, December 9, 2016 at the office of Doyle Hall, room 305. Awards will be made in Jnauary.
Download the application or pick up a hard copy of the application from Student Financial Services in Main Building, room 204, or outside of Doyle Hall, room 305.
Phi Beta Kappa Alumni Baccalaureate Scholarship
The Phi Beta Kappa Alumni Association of Greater Austin has established a scholarship program to support the ideals of Phi Beta Kappa, “Love of wisdom, the guide of life.” The awards are for the purpose of furthering the recipients’ undergraduate education.
Continuing students are eligible if they:
1. have earned more than 30 credits
2. are at least 24 years old
3. are pursuing an academic program that includes liberal arts and sciences
4. are enrolled at Concordia University, Huston-Tillotson College, St. Edward’s University, or the University of Texas at Austin.
These scholarships of $2,500 are dedicated to recognizing and assisting students who have already demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level.
Watch your student e-News for information about this scholarship and other opportunities.
* eligibility criteria and scholarship availability subject to change