Comdata Refund Card FAQ
Comdata Refund Card - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the Comdata Refund Card?
A: The Comdata Refund Card is an electronic alternative to receiving a paper check. Each semester, your financial aid is deposited onto your card. You can then use the card to access your money in a variety of convenient ways.
Q: Why are we being offered the Comdata Pay Card?
A: The Comdata Pay Card provides a convenient method of receiving financial aid funds for those students without a bank account or those currently receiving paper checks. With the card, you will have immediate access to your funds. You will no longer need to pick up your check, and you will always receive your financial aid on time with no need to worry about lost or stolen checks.
Q: How does the Comdata Pay Card benefit me?
A: There are many benefits associated with using the Comdata Card:
- Immediate access to funds
- No longer stand in line to cash your check
- Eliminate the need to wait in long lines to pick up your check
- Convenience of a card with no bank account required
- Safer than cash
- Flexible options to access your money
- Eliminate problems associated with lost/stolen checks or late deliveries
Q: Will it cost me anything to use the Comdata Pay Card?
A: We provide many options as to how to receive your financial aid conveniently and free. These fees are outlined in the Pay Card Consent Form.
Q: How do I get my money with the Comdata Pay Card?
A: There are many flexible withdrawal options.
- Cash Out – Your card has a MasterCard logo on the front, you are able to cash out to the penny at any MasterCard-affiliated bank location.
- ATM Transaction – You may use your card at any ATM with the Cirrus® logo. To make a withdrawal, always select “Withdraw from Checking.” Free ATM’s can be found at Regions Bank location as well as AllPoint ATM’s which are location in numerous convenient locations that can be location with their smart phone app.
- Point-of-sale PIN-based Debit Transaction – Use your card anywhere that accepts Mastercard® debit cards. Always select “Debit” on the card reader and enter your PIN. Many merchants also offer an option for cash back.
- Point-of-sale Signature-based Transaction – Your card has a MasterCard® logo, you can use it at any merchant that accepts MasterCard. You will select “Credit” on the card reader and sign the receipt.