Comdata Pay Card FAQ
Comdata Pay Card - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the Comdata Pay Card?
A: The Comdata Pay Card is an electronic alternative to receiving a paper check. Each payroll period, your net pay is deposited onto your Pay Card. You can then use the card to access your money in a variety of convenient ways.
Q: Why are we being offered the Comdata Pay Card?
A: The Comdata Pay Card provides a convenient method of receiving payroll funds for those employees without a bank account or those currently receiving paper checks. With the Pay Card, you will have immediate access to your funds. You will no longer need to pick up your paycheck, and you will always receive your pay on time with no need to worry about lost or stolen paychecks.
Q: How does the Comdata Pay Card benefit me?
A: There are many benefits associated with using the Comdata Pay Card:
- Immediate access to funds
- No longer stand in line to cash your check
- Eliminate the need to come in on your day off and pick up your check
- Convenience of a card with no bank account required
- Safer than cash
- Flexible options to access your money
- Eliminate problems associated with lost/stolen checks or late deliveries
Q: Will it cost me anything to use the Comdata Pay Card?
A: Your first transaction each pay period is FREE of Comdata fees. After the first transaction, Comdata fees may apply, depending on your usage of the Pay Card. These fees are outlined in the Pay Card Consent Form.
Q: How do I get my money with the Comdata Pay Card?
A: There are many flexible withdrawal options.
- Cash Out – If your card has a MasterCard logo on the front, you are able to cash out to the penny at any MasterCard-affiliated bank location. ***If your first transaction of the pay period is a cash out, you will incur no fees to access your pay.
- ATM Transaction – You may use your card at any ATM with the Cirrus® logo. To make a withdrawal, always select “Withdraw from Checking.”
- Point-of-sale PIN-based Debit Transaction – Use your card anywhere that accepts Maestro® debit cards. Always select “Debit” on the card reader and enter your PIN. Many merchants also offer an option for cash back.
- Point-of-sale Signature-based Transaction – If your card has a MasterCard® logo, you can use it at any merchant that accepts MasterCard. You will select “Credit” on the card reader and sign the receipt.