Are you ready to make a difference?
In the Social Justice community, you'll learn to take action, so you can make an impact on the local and global community. You'll examine social issues with a critical eye and look for creative ways to solve problems in light of world religions.
What can you expect from your experience in the Social Justice community?
- Meet fellow students who care deeply about making the world a better place.
- Work closely with a faculty member and academic advisor throughout the year.
- Participate in activities and service projects planned just for you, along with participating in SERVE Austin, where you can volunteer with a variety of organizations.
- Reflect on social justice and expand your knowledge of social issues.
What is expected of you as a member of the Social Justice community?
- Live with community members in Jacques Dujarie Hall.
- Take a three-hour service-learning course during the fall semester and participate in regular workshops just for your LLC throughout the year.
- Participate in monthly community dinners and activities.
- Engage in 20 hours of community service each semester that addresses real community needs.