Residence Life Mission
As educators, we cultivate intentional living-learning environments that foster development of mind and heart. Through collaboration we are committed to:
- nurturing diverse communities respectfully engaged in the world
- supporting and encouraging students in their personal growth
- promoting critical thinking through purposeful programming and relationship-building
We believe that students and staff will aim to create and sustain living-learning environments which are open, caring, purposeful, disciplined, and collaborative. We welcome all opportunities to collaborate with students, faculty, and staff to connect academic objectives and co-curricular life.
Given this philosophy, we are committed to:
- offering a quality atmosphere that is caring, fun, friendly, and challenging.
- providing outstanding service, nurture personal values, and enhance social growth.
- developing and creating programs for intellectual, physical, spiritual, ethical, occupational, and social growth.
- celebrating and valuing individual and human differences and independent living.
- creating an open and diverse environment that promotes understanding and acceptance of cultural, ethnic, racial, physical, sexual, and religious differences.
- developing policies that encourage responsible behavior.
- creating campus-wide leadership opportunities in which students can significantly contribute to the residential communities.