Want to practice your language skills? Passionate about French film, fashion or cuisine? Planning to immerse yourself in Spanish culture in Sevilla, or dance the tango in Argentina? Have you already studied abroad, and want to continue your cultural exchange? Then check out the Modern Languages Living Learning Community in Lady Bird Johnson Hall!
All levels of sophomore, junior, and senior French and Spanish speakers--and international students!--are welcome to join this Living Learning Community.
What can you expect from your experience in the Modern Languages community?
- Live and learn with fellow students who are curious about other cultures, and want to improve their language skills in a close-knit environment.
- Work closely with faculty members throughout the year.
- Participate in activities (like dinners and conversation groups) and service projects planned just for you.
- Get to use your French and/or Spanish language skills while interacting with students and visitors to our Austin campus.
What is expected of you as a member of the Modern Languages community?
- Live with community members in Johnson Hall.
- Enroll in the appropriate-level French or Spanish class for fall & spring semesters.
- Participate in monthly community dinners and activities.
- Engage in 5-10 hours of community service each semester that address community needs. At the end of the year, present a community service project that highlights your experience working with the community.
How To Apply
All applications are due by 5PM on Friday, February 28th. And, any student who is planning on living on campus next year should participate in step 1 of the online housing signup process, February 20th-26th.