Enjoy the Value of On-Campus Living
On-campus living at St. Edward’s puts you in the heart of university activities. Whether you want to catch an evening concert or listen to a reading from a well-known author, you’ll be just a short walk away. You’ll also enjoy the convenience of living within walking distance of two dining halls, a coffeehouse, the library and the fitness center.
Housing for Spring 2017
- Online Application opens October 3 (9:00AM CST)
Housing for Fall 2017
Incoming Freshmen: Online housing registration opens February 1, 2017.
- Transfer and International: Online housing registration opens April 3, 2017.
- Housing is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Before you can register for housing, you must be accepted to the University, submit your nonrefundable $150 enrollment deposit and verify that you have had the meningitis vaccine. New freshmen, there may be a slight delay in accessing your housing registration online from the time you submit your enrollment deposit. Please allow an additional 24 - 48 hours for processing time.
- Log into MyHilltop and select the Housing Sign Up button to begin your application. You will be able to select your residence hall, room, and roommate.
The Office of Residence Life works diligently to match new roommates based on compatibility derived from the online questionnaire each new student completes. It is our hope that students, not parents, fill out the questionnaire accurately and honestly. Doing so gives each student an equal opportunity to be matched with a compatible roommate. It is our standard policy not to make any roommate changes until after the 12th class day of the fall semester. Instructions for requests will be provided by the residence hall directors after check-in. Roommate assignments will not be changed based on information learned on social networking sites. Residence Life strongly encourages students to contact their future roommate by telephone or email prior to moving on campus.
Housing Exemption Request
All first-time freshman students are required to live on campus unless they meet the following criteria:
- Commuter - living with a parent or legal guardian who resides in the Austin area (within a 20 mile radius from the St. Edward's campus)
- Married - must provide a valid marriage license
- Non-traditional - a student who has been out of high school for more than one calendar year
- Disabling Condition - a documented disability which cannot be accommodated in campus housing
Once you are logged into MyHilltop, you can select the Housing Sign Up button to begin the application. On Step #3 you can select the "Housing Exemption" box and proceed to submit documentation to support your request. Residence Life will contact you via email to confirm your request.