Enjoy the Value of On-Campus Living
On-campus living at St. Edward’s puts you in the heart of university activities. Whether you want to catch an evening concert or listen to a reading from a well-known author, you’ll be just a short walk away. You’ll also enjoy the convenience of living within walking distance of two dining halls, a coffeehouse, the library and the fitness center.
Housing for Fall 2013 - Spring 2014
- Incoming Freshmen: Online housing registration begins February 1, 2013.
- Transfer and International: Online housing registration begins February 28, 2013.
- Housing is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Before you can register for housing, you must be accepted to the University, submit your nonrefundable $150 enrollment deposit and verify that you have had the meningitis vaccine. (If you submit your enrollment deposit online, please allow one business day before registering for housing. This ensures that your deposit is processed and that you can successfully access the online housing registration form.)
- To apply for housing, visit the http://www.stedwards.edu/life/campusliving/housing page. On the bottom right hand of the page, there is a link for accepted students. Once you are logged in to EdWeb, you can select the Housing Sign Up button to begin your application. You will be albe to select your residnece hall, room, and roommate.
The Office of Residence Life works diligently to match new roommates based on compatibility derived from the online questionnaire each new student completes. It is our hope that students, and not parents, fill out the questionnaire accurately and honestly. Doing so gives each student an equal opportunity to be matched with a compatible roommate. It is our standard policy not to make any roommate changes until after the 12th class day of the fall semester. Instructions for requests will be provided by the residence hall directors after check-in. Roommate assignments will not be changed based on information learned on social networking sites. Residence Life strongly encourages students to contact their future roommate by telephone or email prior to moving on campus.
All first-time freshman students are required to live on campus unless they meet the following criteria:
- Commuter - living with a parent or legal guardian who resides in the Austin area (within a 20 mile radius from the St. Edward's campus)
- Married - must provide a valid mariage license
- Non-traditional - a student who has been out of high school for more than one calendar year
- Medical condition - a condition which cannot be accomodated in campus housing
To apply for a housing expemtion, visit the http://www.stedwards.edu/life/campusliving/housing page. On the bottom right hand of the page, there is a link for accepted students. Once you are logged in to EdWeb, you can select the Housing Sign Up button to begin the application. On Step #3 you can select the "Housing Exemption" box and proceed to submit documentation to support your request. Residence Life will contact you via St. Edward's email to confirm your request.