Were you accepted into the Honors Program at St. Edward’s University? Then join other first-year honors students in the Honors LLC. Candidates for the Honors Program will be notified about their status by mid-April. If you are not selected for the Honors Program, you will be considered for other LLCs you indicate.
Throughout the year, you’ll learn how to develop a strong résumé needed to apply for major scholarships. In addition, you will enhance your appreciation of literature, film and the arts through your coursework and out-of-class activities.
What can you expect from your experience in the Honors community?
- Meet fellow students who are committed to high standards of academic excellence.
- Define and reflect on your personal and academic goals.
- Work closely with a faculty member and academic advisor throughout the year.
- Participate in activities and service projects planned just for you.
What is expected of you as a member of the Honors community?
- Maintain enrollment in honors classes.
- Live with community members in Jacques Dujarie Hall.
- Take a three-hour Honors course during the fall semester with your fellow LLC students.
- Begin developing your own academic study and research interests, and document those interests in a portfolio.
- Participate in monthly community dinners and weekly reflection groups.
How do I apply?
You can apply to all of the LLCs via your online housing application. If you have questions about your Honors Program status, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission. We look forward to seeing your application!