After hours Facility Use
Events requesting the facility to be open outside of normal hours of operation will adhere to the following fee structure:
- SEU Events $40/hr, with a minimum of 1 hour
- Sponsored or External Groups $80/hr, with a minimum of 1 hour
To avoid being charged for any unnecessary request, all requests must be cancelled a minimum of 48 hours in advance of the scheduled event start time.
All events, where alcohol is served, must receive written approval from the Director of Auxiliary Services and must be in compliance with State, Municipal and University alcohol laws, regulations and policies. Alcohol served at any event on campus must be in compliance with TABC rules and regulations. The serving of alcohol in Ragsdale Conference Center, the third floor of Fleck Hall (with the exception of the Lane Dining Room), and in the Maloney Room in Main Building is restricted to the university’s dining service contractor.
Alcohol will not be furnished to persons under 21 years of age.
Bain Boardroom Usage
- Only phone requests will be accepted to reserve the Bain Boardroom. Please contact the Ragsdale Center at 448-8796 and ask to speak to any member of the professional staff.
- The Bain Boardroom is available for use during regular business hours: 8AM - 5PM Monday - Friday, unless otherwise approved by the Ragsdale Center Director.
- Any food or beverage service in the room must be arranged through Bon Appétit.
- The room is available for any SEU staff meeting, faculty (non-student) meetings and for external contracted organizations.
- Will only be guaranteed for the President's Office and Vice Presidents.
- All non-President's Office and Vice President's requests will be reviewed. Although the Bain Boardroom may be available and assigned, the reservation is subject to potential cancellation should the Bain Boardroom be needed for use by the President's or Vice President's Office.
Classroom Use Policy
Classrooms are scheduled through the Registrar’s office (448-8747). Equipment or furniture may not be removed from any classroom. External groups may reserve classrooms by contacting a member of the Ragsdale Center professional staff (448-8796).
Drink and Food
Any event where open, unpackaged food will be given or sold to the general public requires a temporary food service permit, or proof of an existing permit. A copy of the food permit must be provided to the Ragsdale Center a minimum of 7 days prior to the day of the event.
Giving or selling food away in the Ragsdale Center is prohibited.
TEMPORARY FOOD SERVICE PERMIT
Do you need a temporary food event permit?
Bon Appétit is the preferred food service provider of the Ragsdale Center. External Caterers are allowed in all conference rooms. If an external caterer will be used, Ragsdale Center must be notified a minimum of 7 days prior to the event. External caterers do not have access to kitchen facilities on campus and are responsible for removing all trash after the catered event. It is the responsibility of the event coordinator to ensure all trash is bagged and no food is left in the room. Any additional custodial service necessary will be charged back to the event department at $30 per hour.
Meeting Space Requests for Academic Use
The primary purpose of the meeting rooms in Ragsdale Center, the Maloney Room and the third floor of Fleck Hall is to accommodate non-academic class events including study groups, department and student organization meetings and events, and contracted external organizations. Consideration for requests for academic classes in any of these spaces will be reviewed with the Office of the Registrar and require approval by the Ragsdale Center Director.
- Any exhibition of a movie outside the privacy of a home is considered a public performance.
- Movie Copyrights must be purchased prior to the showing of any films on campus, and a copy of the performance license must be submitted to the Ragsdale Center.
- A copy of the film authorization must be provided to Ragsdale Center for any viewing in Ragsdale Center, 3rd floor of Fleck Hall and the Maloney room.
If your event is expecting 25 or more non-SEU parking permit holders or need to make special parking arrangements, please contact a member of the Ragsdale Center professional staff (448-8796). Parking in residential lots is forbidden for any campus visitors.
PARKING MAP LINK
Rain site/Location Change Policy
The Ragsdale Center should be notified of any potential rain site plans a minimum of 3 hours prior to the start of the event. For any events that begin prior to 11 AM, a decision to use the rain site must be made no later than 4pm on the prior business date.
To most fairly accommodate the increasing demand for event space by different University departments and the growing number of rehearsal requests, reservations for larger spaces will be considered under the following parameters:
- In addition to the actual performance date(s), a maximum of 2 dress rehearsal dates in the scheduled performance space will be allowed.
- For any other non-dress rehearsal requests, the request cannot be made any earlier than 5 business days prior to the actual requested date of use.
Room Use Cancellation Policy
Reservations will be held for 15 minutes from the start time of the scheduled event. Unless the scheduled group contacts the Ragsdale Information Desk at 448-8796, the reservation will be cancelled and the space will become available until the next scheduled reservation for the following spaces:
- Fleck Hall: 306, 309, 313, 315
- Ragsdale Center: Lucas, Rice, Brothers, Herndon, Ikard
It is the responsibility of each event coordinator to adhere to the SEU Sound Policy. Please note that the Ragsdale Center should be notified of events with amplified sound and recognized student organizations must receive event approval from the Office of Student Life.
Sponsored events are external events held on campus, hosted specifically by an SEU department. In order to sponsor an event on campus, you must complete the sponsorship form and the event must be approved by your area vice president. Events are not guaranteed to be approved for sponsorship and should not be advertised until the appropriate approval process is complete. Questions about whether an event can be sponsored should be directed to the Ragsdale Center (448-8796).