The primary objective of Ragsdale Technical Services is to support university and affiliated special events and meetings. To most effectively maximize the staffing and audio-visual resources available, below are guidelines identifying the types of events Ragsdale supports.
Although Ragsdale Center will make every reasonable attempt to support all events across campus, there may be times that because of available staff and resources, certain events may receive limited or no support.
To inquire about technical support for your event, please contact:
Office: Rags 206
Types of Events:
- Ragsdale Technical Services primarily supports meeting and special events held in spaces in the Ragsdale Center, on the third floor of Fleck Hall, Maloney room, Ragsdale Lawn, and Ragsdale Plaza. Additionally, support is provided for signature university events.
- Ragsdale Technical Service also can provide equipment and support for external and sponsored events being held in these locations. Please note that rental charges may apply to your external or sponsored event. Please see our equipment price list (below), or contact us for details.
- During times when there are multiple events happening simultaneously, events listed above will receive priority. In the event of a request is made that does not fall into one of the above categories, the Ragsdale Center will make a decision as to the amount of support we are able to provide.
Live sound production:
- Given the staff time and equipment required to provide live sound support, Ragsdale provides on-site live sound support to SEU Music Department events only. Otherwise, it is the responsibility of the event coordinator to make the necessary arrangements to fulfill their event audiovisual requirements and adhere to the SEU Sound Policy(.doc) rules and regulations.
- The Ragsdale center does not have any video equipment in inventory, and does not support video conferencing or streaming. We can assist in setting up equipment to use with programs such as SKYPE, but we do not provide application support.
- Video streaming may be contracted through an outside vendor. The preferred vendor is Omega Broadcast Group, 512-251-7778. The estimated cost for a two camera shoot, with two camera operators, is between $1200 and $1700.
Staffing at events:
- Ragsdale center does not provide staff specifically designated to “sit in” events for the purpose of providing technical support. Time with a Ragsdale staff member may be scheduled prior to your event to instruct you in the proper use of any AV equipment you are unfamiliar with. Staff are available at the Ragsdale Center Information Desk to assist during your event.
Equipment Check Out:
- All equipment check-outs done through the Ragsdale Center are handled on a case-by-case basis by the Director of Ragsdale Center Tech Services.
Person checking out equipment from the Ragsdale Center must agree to the following:
- Equipment must be picked up from the Ragsdale Center, and returned at the agreed upon times.
- The person using the equipment may be required to attend a brief training on proper set-up and use of the equipment
- Equipment should be returned in good working order.
- The person checking out equipment agrees to take financial responsibility for the equipment, either individually, or through their respective department.
Ragsdale Center Audio/Visual Equipment Price List
Prices are for each event for one day's use, additional days will be calculated at the same price for each additional day. Fees for use of equipment and staff do not apply to St. Edward’s University meetings, or special events. External groups will be charged for equipment requested and delivered according to the Ragsdale Center Audio/Video Equipment Rates Chart. Sponsored groups will be charged based on the level of sponsorship received.
|Overhead Projector||$ 20.00||Portable BoomBox||$ 10.00|
|LCD Projector XGA||$ 200.00||CD Player (5 Disc)||$ 20.00|
|LCD Projector Ultra-bright XGA||$ 300.00||Ipod hook up||$ 10.00|
|Portable PA||$ 150.00|
|Screens||Small Powered Speaker||$ 40.00|
|8' Tripod Screen||$ 25.00|
|House Screen||No Charge||Microphones and Mixers|
|Microphone on stand SM 58||$ 15.00|
|Video||Goose Neck Style Mic||$ 30.00|
|VHS Recorder/Player||$ 20.00||Specialty Microphone||$ 30.00|
|DVD Player||$ 35.00||VHF Wireless Lavalier Mic||$ 50.00|
|Digital Visual Presenter*||$ 100.00||VHF Wireless Handheld Mic||$ 50.00|
|*rags 101 only|
|TV Flatscreen 42"||$ 100.00||House Sound*|
|Jones House Sound||$ 100.00|
|Support Equipment||Maloney Room House Sound||$ 75.00|
|Conference Phone||$ 60.00||Mabee Ballroom House Sound||$ 100.00|
|Flipchart and Easel||$ 30.00||2/3 of Ballroom||$ 75.00|
|Display Easel||$ 10.00||1/3 of Ballroom||$ 50.00|
|4' x 6' White Board||$ 40.00||*House sound system rental price includes 1 corded SM58 Microphone|
|Executive Style Podium||$ 50.00|
|Pedestal Style Podium||$ 40.00|
|Dance Floor (3' x 3' section)*||$ 4.00||Labor|
|*49 sections available||Labor-Normal Business Hours||$20.00/hr|
|Staging Platform (6' x 8')*||$ 25.00||Labor-After 5:00pm & Weekends||$30.00/hr|
|*2 available||Labor-Outside normal Bldg. hours||$40.00/hr|
|Meeting Room House Equipment||Classroom Equipment|
|Conference Room||$ 200.00||Classroom equipment is included in the price of classroom room rental.|
|Large Meeting Room||$ 300.00|
|Conference and Large Meeting Room equipment is sold as a package and includes:|
|3000 lumin projector|