Students may pursue over forty majors in business, the humanities, social and behavioral science, and natural science. The New College program provides a convenient means for attaining a degree, but it also requires that students have time and motivation to devote themselves to a rigorous learning program.
To complete the baccalaureate degree, students must:
- Fulfill an approved degree plan, which includes a major field and distribution of credits in the New College General Education Requirements;
- Complete a least 120 credit hours. A minimum of 30 credit hours, including one-half of the major, must be from St. Edward’s University;
- Complete New College Mission courses;
- Complete online computer competencies (different from computational skills requirement in general education requirements);
- Fulfill all other graduation requirements.