Studying Abroad

With a motto like “Take on your world!” it’s easy to understand why studying abroad is such an integral part of your experience at St. Edward’s University. The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is here to help guide you through the process. Below you will find a brief description of the various types of study abroad programs offered to SEU students as well as some tips for getting started on your application!


Faculty Led programs consist of an SEU faculty member traveling with a group of SEU students. Faculty Led programs predominantly offer courses that are general education requirements. Traditionally, Faculty Led programs take place in the summer and last 5-6 weeks. Faculty Led programs are appealing because all federal financial aid as well as SEU-specific grants and scholarships can be used to pay.

Exchange programs are exactly what they sound like: students from St. Edward’s University attend foreign universities while international students attend St. Edward’s University. Exchange programs are ideal for independent students who want to immerse themselves in a different culture and/or language. Similar to the Faculty Led programs, a student will be able to use all federal financial aid as well as SEU specific grants and scholarships to pay for the program.

Provider programs are a third option available to SEU students who wish to travel abroad. Provider programs are offered by organizations and companies entirely external to St. Edward’s University. Unlike Faculty Led or Exchange programs, however, only federal financial aid can be applied to the costs of Provider programs.

Ready to get Started?

• Create an online profile at
•Once you create your profile, you will be able to search for study abroad programs by geographic location, major, and duration of program. All of the study abroad application process will be conducted through this website.
• Once you have selected one or more programs that interest you, make an appointment with one of our study abroad advisors. You can make an appointment by either calling 512-428-1051 or by visiting our office in Moody Hall 102. 
• If you have any general questions about the study abroad application process, please review our self-help guide and then contact Meghan Ryan at ( should you have any remaining questions.