Faculty Resource Center (FRC)
Contact the Faculty Resource Center, 2012 Winner of the New Media Consortium (NMC) Center of Excellence Award, for assistance with instructional design needs including integration of technology into courses and multimedia project development.
Summer 2013 Highlights
- Faculty Summer Institute was held July 15 - 26. Seven faculty members from four disciplines (English Writing and Rhetoric, Management, Psychology, and Spanish) were accepted and participated in the institute. The institute was designed to assist faculty in creating high-value projects that maximize instructor-student engagement during class time by focusing on activities that facilitate collaborative problem solving, critical thinking, discussion, and delve deeper into concepts or skills that students find particularly challenging.
- Blackboard upgraded with new functionality and a new look.
What's Next for Fall 2013
All Blackboard Workshops will be held in Moody Hall 309.
- Blackboard Basics for Faculty: Aug. 19, 2:00 - 3:00 pm and Aug. 23, 10:00 am
- Blackboard Best Practices, Part 1: Aug. 23, 11:00 a.m.
- Blackboard Best Practices, Part 2: Aug. 28 12:00 pm
- Using GradeMark with Turnitin to Grade Papers Online: Aug. 29 12:00 p.m.
Visit the Tech Snacks page for descriptions. All Tech Snacks will be held in the FRC (Premont 110)
- Mobile Device App Mixer: Sept. 20 at noon
- Build Your Classroom Technology Toolbox: Sept. 24 at 11 am
- You Too Can Youtube: Oct. 4 at noon
- Engaging Students with Interactive Quizzes in the Classroom : Oct. 8 at 11 am
- Speed Up Your Grading! Oct. 18 at noon
- Building online surveys and Quizzes with Qualtrics: Oct. 22 at noon
- Technology to Improve the Teamwork Process in the Classroom – and Beyond: Nov. 1 at noon
- Rubrics: Nov. 8 at noon
- Digital Reading Practices for the Liberal Arts Classroom: Nov. 12 at 11 am
- Enhance your Presentations: Nov. 19 at 11 am
From Higher Education Technology News on Scoop.it
Instructional Technology is curating the latest news about technology and higher education. Click on one of the stories below to read the full article or to view the complete Higher Education Technology News on Scoop.it.