School of Humanities Overload Requests SU13 and FA13:
**SUBMISSIONS FOR SU'13 & FA'13 COURSES WILL BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING APRIL 7**
Please use the SEU wide overload request form for all SEU course overload requests.
See below for more details re: processing timeline for overload requests in Humanities.
* Overload requests will be processed in the days and weeks after April 7th.*
All requests are reviewed and denied or approved using need-based criteria. As noted at the bottom of this page, you will be notified at the latest by the Friday before classes begin for the term of the request; however, some notifications may begin the week of April 22nd.
Please complete the SEU overload request form clearly and completely -- If the form is not filled in completely with a full explanation of why you are requesting this overload, it may be denied. Please check availability of the course in the meantime for any open seats.
DO NOT CONTACT Humanities REGARDING YOUR REQUEST -- we will send an email to your SEU email account re: approval or denial. A request does not guarantee an approval. If this request is approved, you must go on-line and register yourself for the class within 48 hours or the approval will be removed.
These FA'13 and SU’13 courses are not eligible for overloads. Any requests will be denied:
- THAR 2329, Body-Mind Awareness, Breath & Yoga
Please note these special provisions for COMM electives:
- Overloads will be based depending on COMM concentration declared by the student. Seats are reserved for those in need of a specific COMM elective for graduation. Please consider all COMM electives when choosing your schedule for FA’13.
Ways to be Advised in the School of Humanities
Contact your assigned Faculty Advisor.
Do you know who your advisor is? Check out your Biographical Information in EdWeb or at the top of your Academic Record. Your advisor's name should be listed there. Find advisors' contact information using the St. Edward's Directory.
For general questions contact the Humanities Dean's Office: 512-448-8620
- Progress on your degree
- Degree Audit -- Please first check your online degree audit in your EdWeb account, then consult with your Faculty Advisor or the Dean's Office staff.
- Graduation certification -- completed by the Dean's Office staff once you enroll in GDCT 4000.04.
- If you are a Humanities major or minor and wish to complete a course off campus, please complete the Request to Take Courses Off Campus (RTCOC) form and email it to Kim Livingston via email (email@example.com). For quick reference of courses that are acceptable to take off campus, you may visit the ACC equivalency guide.
- For information on the Modern Language requirement or exam options, contact Natacha Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org). To schedule to take the exam, please visit the Academic Success Center.