New Employee Onboarding
Welcome to St. Edward's University!
We are so pleased that you have accepted a position with the university and we look forward to welcoming you as a member of our community. And if you are returning to St. Edward's, welcome back!
With any new job there are questions the employee has about the workplace and what to expect. In addition, there are forms to fill out and paperwork to complete. We'd like to make that process as smooth and easy as possible for you. Our goal is to make sure you have everything you need on your first day, so that you get off to a great start!
On these pages, you will find information about the university and how to get additional information. You will also be able to access information about your benefits and pay, as well as important policies and procedures.
You must complete all Employment Documents and return them to the Office of Human Resources on or before your first day of work. The Human Resources office is located in Doyle Hall, Suite 131.
- For more information about employee benefits, access the Benefits Guide.
- For more information about payroll and earnings, click here.
- For more information about the St. Edward's University policies and procedures, access the Employee Handbook. You will be required to read and familiarize yourself with the policies in this handbook.
If you have additional questions, please review the New Hire FAQs or contact your hiring supervisor or our office for additional assistance.
Emergency Closure Information
Topper Text is a vital tool for emergency communications at the university. You should verify that the system contains your current and accurate information so that you can stay informed in the event of an emergency.
How to verify, add or update your mobile phone number:
Community members should keep all contact information in the Topper Text system up to date to achieve the best level of communication in an emergency situation.
- Log into myHilltop.stedwards.edu
- Go to Quick Links at the bottom of the page and click on Topper Text
- Verify, add or update mobile phone numbers and email addresses
How do I opt-out of the emergency text message service?
Being informed in the event of an emergency on campus is important to your safety and we do not recommend that you opt-out of this service. However, if you choose to opt-out you may do so by deleting your phone number after following the instructions above.