Advice for Freshmen
- Make sure you meet with your advisor to discuss your future plans and to ensure that your course selections are appropriate for your goals.
- Get to know your professors. They will often serve as your inspiration for study proposals for graduate schools and the fellowships. And, they can write your recommendation letters!
- St. Edward's University and the Austin community have numerous activities and opportunities for leadership from which to choose. You will find many clubs that you love this first year, and others that are not as appealing. Stick to the clubs that you are passionate about. You may just find yourself with a leadership position in the years to come.
- Career Planning is a great place to start researching internship options for your first summer. Start building a resume now!
- Study Abroad: Sound appealing? Begin looking at requirements and opportunities now. The Office of International Education is a great resource.