Conferences and Journals
Journals for Scholarship on Teaching and Learning
Journals on teaching and higher education --regularly updated by the Kennesaw State Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning -- can help you keep up to date on current scholarship on teaching and learning.
Conferences on Teaching
- St. Edward's Teaching Showcase Conference. Held each August, this on-campus teaching conference features concurrent sessions, roundtable sessions, and poster presentations on a wide range of teaching and learning topics. It also offers a book, product, and resource fair where faculty can share their work. The conference is refereed by a committee of faculty, and is open to all St. Edward's faculty.
- Lilly Conferences on College and University Teaching - Austin. (These conferences are held 4 times per year in 4 locations throughout the US. Recently, one of these locations has been Austin.
- Wakonse South: Each spring, Texas A&M University hosts and subsidizes the Wakonse South Conference on College Teaching at Canyon of the Eagles Lodge & Nature Park, in Burnet, Texas.
- The Texas Tech University Teaching, Learning, and Professional Development Center's annual Advancing Teaching and Learning Conference, held in Lubbock.
- American Association of Colleges and Universities sponsors a series of meetings and institutes. Their main, annual meeting is held in January. Other meetings are held throughout the year.
- Association of General and Liberal Studies. This organization serves colleges and universities by supporting strong general educaton programs. Their annual meeting brings together faculty and administrators who work in general education across the nation.
- Association for the Study of Higher Education. The Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE) promotes collaboration among its members and others engaged in the study of higher education through research, conferences, and publications, including its highly regarded journal, The Review of Higher Education. Thier annual conference includes panels on student learning and development; student access, success,and outcomes; higher ed organization, administration and leadership; teaching, learning, and assessment; faculty; contexts, foundations, and models, policy, finance, and economics; and also international issues.
- Council on Undergraduate Research National Conference. UR holds a biannual National Conference in even years. This conference brings together faculty, administrators, policy makers, representatives of funding agencies and other stakeholders with an interest in doing and promoting undergraduate research. It features over 100 workshops, presentations by representatives of funding agencies, social interactions, and poster presentations. The 2012 National Conference will be held at The College of New Jersey, June 23-26, 2012.
- EDUCAUSE. If you are interested in the intersection of teaching and technology, EDUCAUSE is the conference for you. Annually, there is a southwest regional conference--EDUCAUSE Southwest (often held in Austin or Houston) as well as a national conference.
- International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. ISSOTL fosters inquiry and disseminates findings about what improves and articulates post-secondary learning and teaching. ISSOTL was organized to recognize and encourage scholarly work on teaching and learning; promote cross-disciplinary conversation; facilitate the collaboration of scholars in different countries; encourage the integration of discovery, learning and public engagement; and advocate for appropriate uses of the scholarship of teaching and learning. Its annual conference is held in locations around the world.