AccessingYour Zimbra Calendar
- To access your calendar out of the office or on another computer. Go to www.mail.stedwards.edu. Login using your St. Edward's login and password.
Click on the Calendar Tab.
- Calendar Pane: Allows you to switch between calendars.
- New Drop-Down Menu: Allows you to create a new Message, Contact, Contact Group, Appointment, Task, Folder, Tag, Address Book, Calendar, Task Folder
- Search: Allow you to look for appointments using key words or other search parameters.
- Change View Options: Allow you to change from Day, Week, Month, or Work Week, List, or Schedule
The Zimbra Calendar Toolbar can be found under the applications tabs when the calendar tab is selected.
- Creating different personal calendars
- Creating appointments and scheduling meetings or all day events
- Using the QuickAdd dialog to quickly create an appointment
- Display your free/busy status
- View other peoples free/busy schedules to facilitate group meetings
- Create recurring appointments
- View your calendar in various views
- Quickly view your calendar from an email or mini calendar
- Print your calendar
Activities you schedule are either appointments, meetings, or events.
Appointments-are activities without other people. When you schedule an appointment no email is sent to confirm the appointment. You can set recurring appointments, such as your classes. QuickAdd can be used to quickly create an appointment.
Meetings- are appointments that include other people. When you create a meeting, you select attendees and send an email invitation ot them. You can reschedule meetings and set up recurring meetings.
Events- are activities that can last all day. Events do not display as time on the calendar. They appear as a banner at the top of the calendar schedule.