Zimbra is the e-mail server and web mail application for St. Edward's University.
- Students: 250 MB
- Faculty and Staff: 500 MB
Supported web browsers
FireFox 2.x +
Internet Explorer 6 +
Mac OS X
Firefox 2.0 +
Safari 3.0 +
Zimbra Screen Elements
Zimbra is an AJAX application which works within your web browser window. All of the tools needed to navigate within the application are found within the Zimbra window. When using Zimbra, you cannot use the toolbar of your web browser. The Back button, for example, will not work.
Logging into Zimbra
To access St. Edward's Webmail use a supported web browser and go to http://mail.stedwards.edu.
- Enter your username and password. These are the same as the ones used for EdWeb, Blackboard and EdShare.
- Choose one of the four options under "Which version you would like to use?"
- Default - Uses the default setting that is set up in the Zimbra preferences. (Advanced - Ajax or Standard - HTML)
- Advanced (Ajax)
- Standard (HTML)
- Mobile (To directly login to Zimbra Mobile visit http://mail.stedwards.edu/m)
- Click on the Log In button.
- Once you have successfully logged into Webmail, by default Webmail automatically checks new mail.
- Clicking on Get Mail from the Zimbra toolbar checks for any new mail and returns you to the contents of the folder you are in. Webmail also automatically checks for new email every 5 minutes. This is an option that can be changed by selecting the Mail tab in Options.
- Double-click on the subject of the message in order to read the message.
- Then the message will show in the content pane: