Working with Messages
Creating a New Message
- In Mail, on the Home tab, in the New group, click New E-mail
Keyboard shortcut To create an e-mail message, press CTRL+SHIFT+M
- In the Subject box, type the subject of the message.
- Enter the recipients' e-mail addresses or names in the To, Cc, or Bcc box. Separate multiple recipients with a semicolon.
To select recipients' names from a list in the Address Book, click To, Cc, or Bcc and then click the names you want.
If you do not see the Bcc box:
To display the Bcc box for this and all future messages, on the Options tab, in the Show Fields group, click Bcc.
- After you have composed the message, click Send.
Reading: Using the Reading Pane
The Reading Pane enables the user to preview the email message before opening it. This preview location can be turned on, off and be relocated. The Reading Pane is turned on by default. Do one of the following:
- To turn off the Reading Pane On the View tab, in the Layout group, click Reading Pane, and then click Off.
- To turn on or reposition the Reading Pane On the View tab, in the Layout group, click Reading Pane, and then click Right or Bottom.
- In the mail message window, on the Message tab, in the Tags group, click High Importance or Low Importance.
Change for all new messages
- Click the File tab.
- Click Options.
- Click Mail.
- Under Send messages, in the Default Importance level list, click High, Normal, or Low.