Zimlets are small programs created as a mechanism to integrate third-party information and content with the Zimbra Web Client features. Zimlets let you interact with different content types in your email messages. You can do the following with Zimlets:
- Click on the URL in a message to launch a browser window to go to that URL. Hover of the URL to see a preview of the site.
- Right-click on a date within a message to see your calendar and to schedule a meeting without leaving the message.
- Right-click on a name, address, or phone number to update your address book.
Other Zimlets that are available from the Overview Pane include: Search, Wikipedia, Amazon, and Yahoo Maps.
- Zimlet lets you right-click and select from the following popular websites to search, without leaving your Zimbra Web Client mailbox.
- Amazon Music. You can enter a CD title, musician's name, or an ASIN number. The search results includes links to get more details.
- Amazon Books. You can enter a book title, author name, or an ASIN number. The search results includes links to get more details
- Google. You can enter a search term and Google returns five search results with links to get more details.
- Yahoo. You can enter a search term and Yahoo returns five search results with links to get more details.
- Yahoo Local. You can enter a business name and get a list of businesses, their addresses, and distance from your location. You must have entered your location into Yahoo Note: If the link, "Click here for the map of results" does not work, you may have a pop-up blocker on.
- Wikipedia. You can enter a query and if it is in Wikipedia, the dialog returns with a description of the results. Note: to actually go to the Wikipedia Website, use the Wikipedia Zimlet from the Overview Pane.
- You can search Wiktionary, a free multilingual dictionary for definitions, pronunciations, quotations for words that have been added to Wiktionary. If your search is found, the results are displayed in the Wiktionary Search dialog.
Zimlet can be used to search the free reference encyclopedia written by its readers. Click once on the Wikipedia icon and type in a key word or phrase.
Zimlet can be used to search Amazon.com for books and CDs by either creator's name or the title. Click once on the Amazon icon to perform a search.
Zimlet can be used to view a map of a specified location or to get driving directions. Click once on the Maps icon to start a map search.
Note: Clicking Enter to start a search does not work. You must click the OK button.