PINE is available for faculty and staff on the admin server. PINE is a text display email program. You will not be able to use your mouse in PINE. To access PINE, login to the computer on which you have an email account (admin.stedwards.edu for faculty/staff). To login to the acad or admin computer, you will need to use SecureCRT (Windows) or Terminal with SSH (Mac OS X) application.
- To access Pine, select Mail from the main CARS window.
- You will be required to login a second time to Pine. After selecting Mail you will be prompted to press PF1 to continue and then to enter your admin password. You will be at the Main Menu.
- To navigate the menu, use the up and down arrow keys or type the letter next to the command. Use P to move to the Previous Command or in the Message Index use P to move to the Previous Message. N moves to the Next Command or Next Message.
- To access your In Box select I - Message Index.
- Access to the In Box or any other folders, such as Sent Mail is through L - Folder List. Mailboxes in Pine are referred to as folders.
- To send a message select C- Compose Message.
- Menus at the bottom of the screen will change, dependent on the current option selected. ? Help is available from all screens.
- < Will return you to the previous menu
- > Will move you forward to the next command or screen
- Press Q on any screen to quit out of Pine.