Creating Signatures (Using the Zimbra Connector)
Following are the best practices for setting up signatures in Outlook 2010 using the Zimbra Connector (for faculty and staff only).
When using the Zimbra connector in Outlook 2010 you must set up signatures in Zimbra Mail first in order for Outlook to sync with Zimbra. The signature should not include any formatting or the signature will not sync with Outlook.
Steps for Setting up Signatures in Zimbra to Sync with Outlook 2010
- Go to https://mail.stedwards.edu/ and login using your St. Edward's University Username and Password.
- Click on the Preferences tab.
Click on Signatures under Mail.
- Rename "Signature #1" to another Signature Name such as "Your Name Work" Note: * Do not rename your signature your St. Edward's University Username or it will not sync properly with Outlook. Then start entering the text for your signature.
- Make sure that your Signature is in Plain Text format. Important: Do not add any formatting to your signature or it will not sync properly with Outlook.
- It should look similar to the following
- Next, under Using Signatures make sure to set the Primary Account to add the signature to New Messages and if you choose, also Replies and Forwards. Place the signature Above or Below included messages.
Make sure to Save Current Options
- Click on Get Mail once to start the syncing process.
- In Outlook 2010 click on the Send/Receive tab and then click on Send/Receive All Folders.
- The Syncing Process should begin in Outlook 2010.
- Make sure the Signatures have synced in Outlook.
- To make sure signatures have synced, click on the Zimbra tab and click on Show Zimbra Progress
- Then, click on the Home tab and click on New Email. The new email with the signature should display.
Note: If your signature does not display when you click on New E-mail you need to setup the default signature to use on new and replay to messages on Outlook.