Organizing Mac Mail
- Click on the message in your inbox.
Press the delete key on your keyboard or click the trash icon in the toolbar.
- The message will be removed from your inbox.
View Menu: Click on the View Menu, then hover over Sort By to display sort options.
Using Column Headings: Click a column header in the viewer window. For example, to sort messages by sender, click the From column header. To reverse the sort order, click the column header again. The column highlighted in blue is the column currently sorted by.
Adding additional columns: Click on the View menu, then Columns and choose a column.
Flagging Messages for Follow Up
If you have messages that you want to follow up on later, you can flag them for future reference.
- Select one or more messages in your message list.
- Choose the Message menu, then Flag.
- Select a color. A flag icon will appear next to the selected message(s). To remove the flag, select clear flag.