Munday Library Wireless Printing
Wireless printing is now available in the Munday Library. This enables you to send documents from your own laptop to the library printer, located on the first floor of the library. Click on your operating system below to view and complete the necessary set-up procedure and get started.
To connect to the printers in the Munday Library, the appropriate print drivers must first be installed. Click here to download the drivers for Windows 7 / Windows 8. Once the file has been downloaded, please follow these steps:
1) Download the file and then run it
2) Click "Unzip"
3) Once the file has extracted, the "HP Universal Printing Installer" wizard will appear. Click "Yes"
4) The next page will allow you to select an installation mode. Please select "Traditional Mode" and click "Next"
5) A new window will pop up asking if you wish to add a local printer or network printer. Please select "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer"
7) The following page will prompt you to either find a printer in the directory, select a shared printer, or add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname. Please select "Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname" and click "Next"
1) Open your System Preferences by going to the Apple icon on the top left hand corner of the screen and then click on "System Preferences"
2) In the row titled "Hardware," click on "Print & Scan"
3) In the "Print & Scan" window, please click the plus sign on the left side of the screen
4) The "Add" printer window will apear. Click on "IP"
5) Fill in the following information and click "Add":
Protocol: Internet Printing Protocol - IPP
Queue: Leave blank
Name: Library Commons
Location: Munday Library
6) Some OSX computers will present the following message:
"Setting up "Library Commons...
For best results, you should connect your computer to a power source before installing. Are you sure you want to continue the installation?"
Please click "Continue"
7) Apple OSX will automatically install the print drivers needed to connect to the "Library Commons" printer. The installation should take less than 5 minutes.
8) Once the install is finished, you will be taken back to the "Print & Scan" window where you will now see "Library Commons" on the left side of the screen. You should see a green dot that shows the printer is online.
You have now successfully configured your computer for wireless printing in the Munday Library.