- Uploading images = appx $.04 per image:
Buying Linden Dollars:
- Chris G: will have SEU avatar with SEU credit card & can pay other avatars for ppt slide uploads. (payment can happen using Communicate tab)
- Transactions: Uploads can be tracked by individual avatars as transactions in SL for up to 30 days. Will need to login to Second Life account
Inventory Best Practices
Good inventory management in SL is key to reducing inventory lag, as well as being able to organize inventory items. Second Life's Torely Linden has produced an excellent video on inventory management. Further information can also be found here. In summary:
Keep only what you need.
- Second Life inventory can quickly accumulate. Delete unneeded notecards, landmarks, or copies of objects
- Empty your inventory trash
- Inventory in the low thousands may be typical. Inventory in the 10's of thousands is considered heavy.
Finding & Sorting your inventory
- Click here for more information on finding items in your inventory.
- Sorting inventory can help you quickly find items. Use the "Sort" menu item in the Inventory display to do this.
- Search for specific items by using the text field located just below the menu items in the Inventory display.
- Search for recent items by clicking the "Recent Items" tab in the Inventory display for all inventory received during your current Second Life session.
Eliminate duplicate objects in inventory
- For more information on eliminating duplicate objects, click here.
- You may find multiple items with the same name. If the names are unique (e.g. labeled something other than "object", you may be able to delete this duplicate items.
- Note: If you "take" back "copyable" inventory items after they are rezzed in-world, you will create duplicate items, which should be deleted.
- It is common to receive duplicate items such as landmarks, as visiting a location and clicking on multiple objects in that location may generate notecards and duplicate landmarks. It is often a good idea to periodically search for and purge these duplicates.
If inventory items become "lost", there may be a way to retrieve them.
- Although loss can come about as a result of in-world problems, simply clearing the client's cache may fix the problem.
- Consult this knowledge base article for detailed information on dealing with perceived inventory loss.
Tips on Rezzing Objects
- Objects have Copy, Modify, and Transfer permissions
For objects with Copy permissions, rezzing objects does not remove objects from the inventory.
- Deleting copyable objects in-world does not result in deletion from the inventory.
- Therefore, objects not needed in-world should be deleted when no longer needed.
- Objects without Copy permissions (labeled as ‘No Copy') will be removed from the inventory when rezzed in-world or given to another resident
- Object permissions may change once taken back into the inventory