Faculty Resource Center Services
The Faculty Resource Center (FRC) provides instructional design services at St. Edward's University. We assist faculty members with integrating technology into their courses. We collaborate with faculty members and the Center for Teaching Excellence to design courses that deliver excellent learning experiences for students. Located in Premont Hall 110, the FRC has computers, scanners, printers and audio/video production support available for faculty
- Hours: Staffed Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (24 hour access for faculty with ID card)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 512-464-8804
What can you do and how can we help?
- Manage courses, communicate with students, and share course materials with Blackboard.
- Create and manage personal, course, and research websites or start your own blog via Edublogs.
Explore and Innovate
- Tech Snacks: Ideas for incorporating technology into your classes. Share experiences and ideas with colleagues.
- Innovation Fellowship: Develop, redesign, or modify a course or major course component for the 2014-2015 academic year that does one or more of the following: leverages existing and emerging technologies, includes interdisciplinary approaches, or significant pedagogical experimentation.
- TLTR Pilots: The Teaching, Learning and Technology Roundtable (TLTR) has annual funding available each year to support faculty with innovative ideas on using technology to support teaching.
- Connect across campus or across the globe
- Have your students create e-portfolios to showcase their work.
- Enhance classroom interaction by moving administration and activities online.
- Increase interaction in the classroom with live student polling using iClickers.
- Explore the latest Mobile Apps for learning, teaching, research and productivity.
- Design, deliver and assess surveys using Qualtrics.
- Create Digital Storytelling Projects by blending photos, videos, audio clips, social media and text to tell a story.
Instructional Technology is curating the latest news about technology and higher education. We're reading the latest news and and bringing the highlights to you! Click on one of the stories below to read the full article or to view the complete Higher Education Technology News on Scoop.it. From that site you can share the articles or subscribe to it. Interested in learning how to incorporate Scoop.it in your classes? Contact the Faculty Resource Center at email@example.com.