Graphics and Publishing
IT offers a wide range of graphics and desktop publishing software support and training for the St. Edward's community. Desktop publishing software is used by those in the print publishing market to create innovative magazine, newsletter and page layouts.
Supported software includes Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Adobe Acrobat and DoPDF are also supported for those interested in creating Portable Document Formats (PDFs).
Training Classes Offered
Visit the Computer Workshop Schedule to sign up online. All workshops will be held in Moody Hall 309 unless indicated otherwise.
- Adobe Illustrator I - Creating Basic Shapes Download PDF handout
- Adobe Illustrator II - Painting and Drawing Techniques Download PDF handout
- Introduction to Adobe InDesign Download PDF handout
- Adobe Photoshop I - Selections and Layers Download PDF handout part 1 and Part 2
- Adobe Photoshop II - Image Adjustment and Correction Download PDF handout
- Web Graphics using Adobe Photoshop Download PDF handout
- Basic Design Principles and Typography Download Design PDF handout and the Typography PDF handout
Quick User Guides:
Following are quick guides on how to use the the specific software:
- Adobe InDesign Quick Guide - Download PDF handout
- Adobe Photoshop Quick Guide - Download PDF handout
Short Video Tutorials:
Instructional Design Training and Support for Faculty
- Contact the Faculty Resource Center for assistance with special projects using Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Contact Training for classroom training for your students on Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. To schedule a training for your students on any of these software applications, fill out the classroom training form.
- Students may access the software used for graphics and publishing (Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop) in various labs on campus. Check the Student Computing Labs site to find the lab with this software.
- Faculty may access Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop in the Faculty Resource Center.
Visit VarsityBuys to get student discount prices when you purchase Microsoft Office, Adobe programs and other software. Students may also receive similar educational discounts through Adobe or Academic Superstore.
Faculty Access and Discounts:
- DoPDF is a free PDF creator and may be downloaded.
- On Campus Use: Faculty and Staff may order Adobe Acrobat for office, classroom or lab computers through the Software Request Form.
- Off Campus/Personal Use: Faculty and staff may purchase Microsoft Office 2010 (Windows) or Office 2011 (Mac), Adobe programs and other software through the VarsityBuys Faculty/Staff site.