Creating a new Event
- Click on Create tab.
- Click on the Add Event to the University Calendar button.
- Add a title to the Event Title text field. This is the name of the event that will appear in the newsletter.
- Insert an appropriate teaser in the Teaser Description text box, if applicable.
- Type in the complete description in the Full Description text box.
- Add a web address that offers more information, if applicable, to the Web Address text field. This address should begin with "http://".
- Choose a date from the Event Date pop-up calendar for a beginning and ending time range for your event, if applicable.
- Use the Event Time drop-down menus to select a time range for your event.
- Choose a location from the Location of Event drop-down menu. If there is no location, then select the option of No Location
- If the location of the event is not on the drop-down menu, then type in the location of the event in the Other Location box.
- In the Cost text Field, insert the cost of admission to your event. Remember: only use numbers and decimals.
- Be sure to double check that your contact information is correct. If needed, make any additional changes.
- Once complete, click on the next button.
- Select the newsletter(s) in which this event should appear in.
- Click on the preview button.
- Look over your event information. If any information is required to be made, click on the edit
- If your event information is correct, then click on the send button.
After submitting, you will receive a confirmation page. To return to the News Items list, click on the Click here to go back to your pending entries link.
Navigating back to your entries
You can also return to the News Items list by clicking on My Entries.