If you frequently email the same group of recipients, a distribution list can save you time. Instead of having to add each individual contact one by one, you can simply add the distribution list to your email and you have included all of those contacts in one step.
Creating a Contact Group:
- Log into Zimbra and click on the black arrow next to the New button, underneath the Mail tab.
- From the drop-down menu, click Contact Group.
- On the New Contact Group screen, enter a name in the Group Name field.
- Under the "Add Members to this Group" heading on the right side of the screen, type in the name or SEU username of a person to be added. Click Search. Matching results will appear listed underneath the search bar.
- Click on the correct e-mail address and click the Add button under the search results (or double-click on the address). This address should now appear listed in your contact group on the left side of the screen. Alternately, you may enter addresses to your group manually by typing them in the box underneath the search results area, then click Add.
- After all e-mail addresses have been added to the group, click the Save button above the group name.
Note: Lists of contacts made in Outlook will appear in Zimbra.
E-mail a Contact Group:
- In a new e-mail message, begin typing in the name of the contact group. As you type, Zimbra will display an auto-complete option with the name of the group.
- Click on the group name.
- Every e-mail address in this group will appear in the "To:" field.