Once someone has shared a folder with you, you have to accept the share.
1. Click Accept Share in the Upper-Left corner of the e-mail notification.
2. In the Accept Share Box, you can rename the folder and select a color for the folder to differentiate it from your personal folders. Click Yes.
To Setup Zimbra to check external email Accounts:
1. Go to Preferences
2. Under Mail select Accounts
3. Then under accounts click on Add External Account
If you frequently email the same group of recipients, a distribution list can save you time. Instead of having to add each individual contact one by one, you can simply add the distribution list to your email and you have included all of those contacts in one step.
Just like sharing a calendar, you can share your inbox, outbox, junk, or any other folder with someone else.
1. Right-Click on the folder you would like to share, select Share Folder.
2. In the Share Properties Box, you will enter the full St. Edward's Email address and select the role you want the individual to have.
Filtering applies a set of matching rules to incoming mail and then executes a specified action. You can filter your incoming mail messages to sort them into folders.
You can import contacts and address books that are saved in a comma-separated (.csv) text file format.
- Go to Preferences > Address Book.
- Click Browse to locate the .csv file to import.
Composing a Message
- To compose a message click on New button on the toolbar.
- The new message window will appear. Complete the address, subject line, and body text as needed. It is important to type the full email address of the recipient in the To: field, for example type firstname.lastname@example.org rather than just the user name.
To create a signature:
- Click on the Preferences tab
Searching lets you find messages and contacts. You can search by specific words, by dates, time, URL, size, tag, whether or not a message has been read, whether it has file attachments or attachments of a particular file type.
Zimbra offers two search tools:
You can select to search within messages, your personal contacts, the global address list contacts, or to search all three types.
Zimbra is the e-mail server and web mail application for St. Edward's University.
- Students: 250 MB
- Faculty and Staff: 500 MB
Supported web browsers
FireFox 2.x +
Internet Explorer 6 +
Mac OS X
Firefox 2.0 +
Safari 3.0 +