Zimbra supports two types of address lists, your personal contacts list and the Global Address List.
To access your contacts list click on the Address Book tab
To create a new contact from the toolbar by clicking the arrow in the button, or by right-clicking a name from a message header and choosing Add to Contacts.
To create a new contact from scratch:
- From the toolbar, click the arrow next to New and select Contact.
To add names from an address book to a new email message:
Open a new message by clicking from the menu.
Click To:. An address selection dialog appears.
From the Show names from list select either Contacts, Personal and Shared Contacts or Global Address List, to search.
You can import contacts and address books that are saved in a comma-separated (.csv) text file format.
- Go to Preferences > Address Book.
- Click Browse to locate the .csv file to import.
Creating an Away Message
This feature is also known as an out-of-office auto-reply. You can set an away message that automatically replies to people who send you messages when you are away from checking mail for an extended period of time. That message is sent to each recipient only once, regardless of how many messages that person sends you during the designated away period.
Composing a Message
- To compose a message click on New button on the toolbar.
- The new message window will appear. Complete the address, subject line, and body text as needed. It is important to type the full email address of the recipient in the To: field, for example type firstname.lastname@example.org rather than just the user name.
To create a signature:
- Click on the Preferences tab
Searching lets you find messages and contacts. You can search by specific words, by dates, time, URL, size, tag, whether or not a message has been read, whether it has file attachments or attachments of a particular file type.
Zimbra offers two search tools:
You can select to search within messages, your personal contacts, the global address list contacts, or to search all three types.
Zimbra Desktop is an email application where you can check your Zimbra account without having to use a browser.
Preview of Zimbra Desktop Screen Elements:
Download Zimbra Desktop for Mac or Windows at http://www.zimbra.com/products/desktop_download.html