Ways to be advised and receive advising help in BSS
... scroll down to #4 for Advising Specialist details ...
1. Contact your assigned Faculty Advisor
- Don't know who your assigned Faculty Advisor is? Check out your Biographical Information in EdWeb or at the top of your Unofficial Transcript. Your advisor's name should be listed there. Find their contact information using our BSS Directory or SEU Directory.
2. BSS E-Advising
- For students of advisors who are out on sabbatical or on a faculty led Study Abroad semester or those advisors choosing to participate in the program, students may use BSS E-Advising. This option is NOT available to all BSS students, only those described above.
- complete and submit the BSS E-Advising Form to be reviewed by the BSS Advising Specialist or your advisor.
3. General questions and concerns
contact the BSS Advising Specialist's office, staffed during full semesters from 730am-5pm, Monday - Friday. Summer hours vary so please contact us for an appointment.
- Changing to a BSS major -- complete the BSS change of major/minor form and click 'Submit Form' in upper right corner [or bring in person to Doyle 226]
- Progress on your degree -- to include change of major, summer courses, graduation projections, etc.
- BSS Degree Audit -- emailed to you at or ~85 hrs
- Graduation certification -- completed by Advising Specialist once you enroll in GDCT 4000.01
OR you may either drop by or make an appointment with our Advising office by signing up via phone [448-8550], Zimbra calendar or in person at Doyle Hall room 226. Be sure to include your SEU id# and phone number.
During full semesters, appointments are available in 30-minute increments from 730-200 with Lindsey and 230-5 with her Graduate Assistant in Doyle Hall room 222.
Summer appointments vary -- please call to determine availability.