Previous internship sites have included:
- Texas Department of Public Safety, Counter Intelligence Unit
- Austin Police Department
- US Marshals Service
- US District Court, probation and pre-trial services
- federal convict re-entry programs
- US Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Texas Attorney General, multiple areas to include: child support enforcement, cyber crimes, money laundering, Interpol liaison
- Travis County State Jail
- Gardner-Betts Juvenile Justice Center
Students may engage in self directed research by enrolling in a credit course, working closely in a one-on-one basis with a faculty mentor.
ALUMNI WORK IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS IN A PUBLIC AND PRIVATE CAPACITY
- law enforcement [city, county, state, federal]
- crime analysts
- death investigators
Awarded yearly in his memory, the Randall Vetter ['94] Memorial Scholarship recognizes a current St. Edward's student of significant scholarship and civic leadership.