Submit a Paper to the OWL
Already know everything about submitting to the OWL?
Go to the submission form.
The OWL will not be reading papers during Memorial Day weekend, Saturday, May 23, through Monday, May 25. You may submit writing during that time, but we will not begin to read it until Tuesday, May 26.
Want to know more about submitting to the OWL?
Why submit a paper to the OWL?
Some reasons why you might submit writing to the OWL include the following:
- You are wondering what it is like for a reader to read your paper.
- You would like to consult with someone about your writing, but your schedule does not allow you to come to the on-campus Writing Center.
- You prefer writing about writing to talking about writing.
- You would like to practice receiving written feedback and revising in response to written feedback, which are aspects of most professional writing workflows.
Accessibility and technology
Our default method of giving feedback is writing text comments in the margins of the document. However, we are happy to use other commenting methods, such as in-text commenting, audio, screencast, or Skype. Please email us at email@example.com with your request.
If you ever have trouble with the submission form, just send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information in the body of the email:
- Your first and last name
- Your course name
- Your course number
- Your professor's name
- What you would like us to focus on as we read your paper.
By submitting a paper to the OWL, you agree to our policies. Please read them before submitting for the first time.
More information on how to submit
Or read text instructions: How to Submit.