Academic Success Tools
A balanced college lifestyle where you experience all of college's wonderful opportunities and academic success takes some planning and strategy. Taking the time to develop strong academic and life skills will help you succeed at St. Edward’s, in your future career, and in life in general. Below are a variety of resources and tools that can help you in your pursuit of academic success:
- Reading Strategies
- Note taking Strategies
- Memory Strategies
- General How-To Study Strategies
- Test Taking Strategies
Time Management & Organization
Adjusting to College Life
On-Campus Academic Support
- Instructional Technology-Instructional Technology’s Computer Training staff provides free computer training to currently enrolled SEU students, faculty, and staff.
- Library Services and Information-assistive technology softwares, assistance with obtaining library materials
- Math Lab-The Math Lab provides free, walk-in assistance to students in basic math courses, up to and including Calculus I.
- Media Services-audio recording devices, hands-on help with video editing, podcasting and more
- Mission Course Resource Center-support for American Dilemmas and Capstone papers
- Peer Academic Coaching- Meet weekly with an upper classman to discuss how to academically successful while navigating the demands of college life.
- Peer Tutoring-one-on-one content tutoring, visit website for specific courses offered
- Study Disability Services-Student Disability Services offers a variety of services and resources to SEU students with documented disabilities.
- Supplemental Instruction-Meet with fellow classmates for group study (free service) visit the website for the current schedule
- Writing Center-appointment based writing support from faculty